Saturday, April 3, 2010

SUSHI RICE KRISPIESSSSS!!!!!


So being a student, I feel the need to cite my source for this recipe: http://mommyknows.com/birthday-party-candy-sushi/.

No, I don't follow a "Mommy Knows Best" blog, I stumbled upon it, I swear!

Anywho, For the Rice Krispies, I made a whole tray, so it made a good amount. I'm sure you can cut the recipe down if you need to, but I'll let you work out those measurements. Here's what I used:

3 containers Vegan Marshmallows from Down to Earth (aisle 2!). I used 1 box regular, and 2 boxes of toasted coconut. I think the coconut flavor made a big difference!

1 stick Earth Balance

6-6 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

First, melt the earth balance over med-low heat, then add the 'mallows and wait a few mins (about 5) for them to melt, too. Turn the heat off and add the Krispies, mix well, then press it onto a cookie tray covered with wax paper. Let them cool for a while. You want it to be about 1/2 inch thick.

To make the sushi rolls, cut a square out of the krispies that is the same size as a fruit roll-up. Roll up the twizzlers inside the sushi, cover with the fruit roll-up, then slice like sushi!

For ngiri, cut a small square of krispies, put a swedish fish on top, and put a piece of fruit-by-the-foot around the concoction.

No comments:

Post a Comment