Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haitian Doughboys!


This is a pretty simple recipe - basically a funnel cake with 'naners and some delicious spices.

In-gree-da-ments:

1 egg (I used egg replacer)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
Pinch of salt
3 bananas pureed (or 6 apple bananas, which is what I used)
1/2 c. water
1/4 tsp. each of vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg
Oil for frying!

Dee-reck-shuns:

Mix dry ingredients! Add wet ingredients! Fry! Coat in sugar! Devour!

I mashed my bananas by hand and found that they weren't mashed enough - so after mixing it all together I threw it in the blender to get a smoother consistency. The recipe says that it should be a thin, pancake batter consistency but mine came out fairly chunky (still pourable) and still worked like a charm.

I was going to post a real picture but I couldn't resist this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment