Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chocolate Beer Waffles, baby!


I was introduced to these waffles during my favorite VD (Vegan Dinner, NOOOT the other VD) theme: BREAKFAST FOR DINNER, by my FAVORITE LADY, Ms. Becky Super Vegan! The original recipe is from Vegan Brunch authored by an equally amazing woman: Isa Chandra Moskowitz. You can check out the book here AND she also has a bunch of other amazing recipes posted on her website.

These waffles are great for bribing people to take you to your driving test, or to get free rides to work from friends when it is too cold and you are just too grumpy to ride your bike to work.

CHOCOBEERWAFFLES
Makes 6, 6-inch round or 8, 4-inch square waffles

INGREEDAMENTS:
1 &1/2 C flour
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tes b. powder
1/2 tes salt
1/2 C sugar
1 C almond milk
3/4 C porter, or other dark beer
1/4 C canola oil
1 tes pure vanilla extract
+ cooking spray for the waffle iron

1. Preheat waffle iron. Sift flour, cocoa powder, b. powder, salt & sugar into a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the center and add almond milk, beer, oil and vanilla
3. Spray waffle iron, cook, eat!

I recommend that you serve it with Cashew butter! Take roasted, unsalted cashews and process with a little oil, water, sugar and salt, or if you want to skip the additives, I would soak raw cashews and just blend them!

2 comments:

  1. hey Kelsey!
    You won one of my cookbooklette from my Vegan Eats & Treats blog! Send me your mailing address please, and I will get your booklette in the mail tomorrow!
    :) xo!

    ameyfm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah. way to go, kels! and portland is waiting with bated tastebuds for your visit next month! weeeee!

    ReplyDelete